Wednesday, June 25, 2014

JPC - June 20-25

Bad, bad blogger!  Shame on me!

Actually, no.  I knew before signing up for this Photo Challenge that it would be…. well, a challenge.  We have a busy summer planned.

Last week, the 2 dogs I pet-sit arrived.  One is on meds for an allergy this time.  They are staying nearly a whole month while their owner is traveling to her Air Force assignment.

Then we had company.  Jay's dad visited our home for the first time and we did some running around the city because he had never been to San Antonio before.  We saw the Alamo, took to boat tour on the Riverwalk (I could do this daily, I love it so much), we took him to Jay's office, we looked at possible rental properties should he decide to leave Chicago winters behind.  We were busy!

To add to the fun and the chaos, we then took in a stray puppy.  [Editor's note:  I never claimed to be sane!]  A neighbor knocked on my door asking if the pup was ours and told me she had been door knocking all morning looking for it's owner.  She said she was late for work and she couldn't take the pup into her home because a stray cat had a litter of 8 or 9 kittens in her yard and she took them in until they are big enough to be adopted.  Strays are a BIG PROBLEM in our city!  So, I had a kennel to spare and offered to spread Lost Dog ads across the internet and I took in the pup in hopes to find her owner. If you're keeping count, that's 5 dogs in my home - 2 of my own, 2 of my boarders and 1 stray puppy.

Still to come is Jay's Summer Regional for work and Jay's Div Trip to Jackson Hole, WY.  So, good luck to me in keeping up this photo challenge from here on out.  In other words, don't hold your breath.

Here are the pictures you've been waiting for:

June 20 - Bedtime

Ever since Jay's dad left, Quiet Tiger has been yawning all day long.
She knows that the boys camp out in our room on weekends and she wants to join us.
But she can't handle it.
We'll put her up there at bedtime and she'll stay awake in our bed
until we get up there at 10:30 or 11:00pm.
We tried to make the deal that if she actually went to sleep,
she'd get to stay, or else she'd be returned to her room if
we found her awake when we came up to bed.
That seemed to work.  Until……
I woke up in the middle of the night and I found her wide awake
at 1:00am sitting straight up in our bed.
She just doesn't know how to handle sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed.
And that makes us sad because we'd love to snuggle with her.
This photo was taken during a much needed afternoon nap!
And no, lately we've had to take away the blanket and the pillow
as they become playthings to her and she never sleeps.
We're having some sleep issues lately, I think.
Boo.  :(



June 21 - Sister

Here's the little sister.
We experimented with the low, side pony tail and took pictures to post.

What do you think?



June 22 - Groceries

A friend of ours loves cleaning and organizing.
She begged me for something to clean and organize when she comes to visit.
Maybe she can tackle my spice cabinet.
I clean it once or twice a year and it always ends up looking like this again.


June 23 - Numbers

Our electric company offers this Home Manager Program
where we can control our heat and a/c and water heater online.
It was newly installed this week and I'm still learning it's quirks.
It has only been installed a matter of hours and unfortunately,
I'm ready to rip it off the wall and put my old thermostat back up there.



June 24 - Foot

All those funny "foot selfies" on Facebook?
You'll never get me to do one.
EVER!
My feet are wide, my toes are short and fat.  I've had portions of my big toenails on each foot
permanently removed thanks to recurring ingrown nails.
U-G-L-Y
If it weren't for the extreme heat of summer, I'd never wear sandals.  I'd live in my TOMS.
So today you get a picture of Super C's foot.
He asked me why I was taking a picture of his foot.
Because it's part of the photo challenge, that's why.
Enough said.


June 25 - Flower

I have an extreme case of black thumb.  I kill everything I try to grow.
Seriously.
It's BAD, people
Ask any of my neighbors, past or present.
This year I'm diligently trying to keep these pretty flowers alive.
So far, so good!
They really do make me happy when I see them everyday.


That catches us up, but….

You've been warned. 

From here on out, the remainder of the Photo Challenge may just have be in group form, 
like today's post.