Wednesday, June 4, 2014

JPC - June 4

June 4 - Reading



Here is a snapshot of what we picked up on our last trip to the library.  It's the start of our summer reading but we haven't had much time for reading because we've been constantly running.

The Out-of-Sync Child by Carol Stock Kranowitz
This book is in high demand at our library!  I can never renew it because it's always on hold by someone else.  It's all about Sensory Processing Disorder, which we know our Quiet Tiger deals with daily.  I'm hoping this book will give me some insights as to why she does what she does and how we can cope.

Club Penguin Books
I happened upon these when I went in to get my reserved book above.  My boys are all about Disney Club Penguin these days.  It's an online game that you can play for free or pay to join for more fun.  I don't pay for games or apps or anything, so we just do the free version.  In fact, if any of your kids would like to "friend" my kids, let me know and we can exchange info.  I knew these paperbacks would excite my 10 year old!


Super E's Summer Reading
I need to keep Super E reading this summer.  He was a late reader and reading is not his favorite subject, so it will be easy for him to fall behind this summer if I don't keep him engaged.  I picked these books out for him:

Fly Guy and the Frankenfly by Tedd Arnold
A Monster is Coming by David L. Harrison
Great Groundhogs by Karen Gray Ruelle
Marly and the Runaway Pumpkin by Susan Hill


Teaching Quiet Tiger
Our girl is starting to learn her ABC's and 123's, so she got a couple of board books from the library too.  Thanks to her SPD, she likes to tear paper and I cannot quite trust her with paper books yet, so baby board books it will be for a while.

This should keep us busy for a couple weeks until the books are due at the library.

Happy summer reading, everyone!