Tuesday, June 10, 2014

JPC - June 10

June 10 - Road


This may sound silly, but I still pick up pennies or other coins when I find them in the road.  I don't do it for luck.  I don't believe in luck, per se, although I will use the term especially since I have a Chinese daughter whose culture believes greatly in luck.

I do pick them up for the four words that are printed on our money.

In God we trust.

A found coin in the street, the parking lot, the driveway are reminders to me that no matter what is bugging me on a given day (like going on 3 weeks of back PAIN for my husband), I have to put my trust in God, the One from whom all blessings flow.

He knows my name.
He watches over me.
He cares for me.
He hears me when I call.
He is near me when I'm brokenhearted.
He is my Father.

My list could go on and on just like His never-ending love.

When you walk down the road and find a coin, maybe next time you will pick it up, hold it tightly in your hand, smile and be reminded...

In God we trust.