Monday, June 2, 2014

JPC - June 2

June 2 - Healthy Snack



My food obsessed 3 year old got into BIG TROUBLE last week.  I had made smoothies to go along with our dinner.  Mangoes were relatively cheap so I made my own version of my favorite smoothie, the Mango A-Go-Go at Jamba.  Miss L loved the smoothie and downed hers with her meal.

Smoothies are filling, so the boys and I chose to save ours for dessert after dinner.  I cleaned up the dishes and went outside to tackle my pool (see previous post for the disaster I've been having with my pool this year).  When I came back inside, ALL THREE smoothies, Super C's, Super E's and mine were gone, sucked dry by one sneaky, naughty, food obsessed, Chinese daughter.  She had taken advantage that the boys and I were out of the room and daddy was laid up on the couch with his bad back and she snuck into the kitchen and helped herself to food that didn't belong to her.  She knows this is a no-no.  I can't even tell you how much she ate!  She should have been sick!  Needless to say, I have now ordered an extra long baby gate with a swinging door to keep Miss Food Obsession out of the kitchen.  It will serve both her and dogs.

Today I made good on my promise to make more smoothies.  Mangoes, pineapple sherbet, mango nectar and ice.  Does this qualify as a healthy snack?  There sure are worse snacks out there.

Mango Smoothies.

Love 'em!