Friday, June 13, 2014

JPC - June 13

June 13 - Front Porch


I don't have much of a front porch, but there is something there.  I've never had furniture out there at all.  I've always wanted something, but I've just never purchased anything.  It just hasn't been a necessity.  After all, thanks to allergies and the extreme Texas heat, I don't spend that much time outside at all.  Swimming after dinner is about all you get out of me, sadly.  

My neighbors have the same stone on the front of their home and they have the cutest red chairs on their front porch.  They add a splash of color.  Last year, our HEB (that's our local grocery store) had small red chairs that I loved.  I've looked for them this year and they don't have them this year in that same color.  I should try a place like Big Lots.  It would be nice to sit out there in the morning shade while the kids ride scooters and have water gun fights.

I do love this porch at Halloween when I wrap the rails in fall foliage and hang my ghosts from hooks.  Christmas is equally fun with my lighted garland.

I need to make better use of it in spring and summer.