Sunday, December 7, 2014

Ornament #7

Today we have a martini glass.  I have a handful of different martini ornaments on my tree.  My maiden name is Martini.  No joke.  I used to hate that name, growing up.  When Jay and I were engaged, he insisted on changing his name to mine.  Jay Martini does have a nice ring to it!  But I was ready to be rid of it and I changed my name to his.

I have collected martini paraphernalia for a long time.  The funniest thing about that is working for churches because some churches have rules about their staff members drinking alcohol.  We would receive looks when church people came over to my house and they saw my martini towels, candles, signs, ornaments, et cetera.  I sometimes had to explain the reason we had so many martinis around the house.  They could ask us not to drink, but they certainly could not take my name away and I still displayed them proudly!

Sometimes now, I do wish I had kept my name and had Jay change his last name.  It's a great, unique name.  I still proudly display martinis all around my house.  If I ever publish the book I have been writing, it will definitely be under the name Brooke Martini.

Cheers to you and yours this holiday season!