Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Ornament #23

I had hoped to post a new ornament today, but I haven't gotten it in the mail yet.  It will probably arrive tonight. 

So, which one to post today?

This one also goes back to our days on staff at Willow Creek.  This is probably the fanciest ornament we have on our tree.  It's large and very fragile and it is stored in it's original box with tons of tissue paper.   It was given to Jay or I as a thank you or serving on the Conference Operations Team when a year of church conferences was over.

Conference week was always crazy!  Thousands of pastors would flock to our campus for training.  We did this multiple times a year.  70-80 hour work weeks were the norm, even more hours for Jay.  It was insane.

I miss that insanity.

No, I don't miss working.  I definitely don't miss ministry.  My life as stay-at-home, homeschooling mom, raising a daughter from a hard place, brings enough insanity for me, thank you very much. 

But I do miss the buzz of Conference Weeks and working with such amazing team members.

I love the memories that this ornament brings to mind.



Tune in tomorrow for the very last installment of the Christmas Ornament Story Challenge!  I have certainly saved the best ornament for last and you won't want to miss it!