Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Prepare

1065 days ago we began our adoption journey.  We lost our Nepal adoption and our China adoption has taken twice as long than estimated.  But ten days from now, I'll be sitting at the airport in San Francisco waiting to board a plane bound for China!  Excitement builds as does fear and stress.

While I love details and tend to do well with mild uncertainty and minor chaos, my plate is overly full these days.  Not to sound like a bad 80's phrase, but I'm stressed to the max!  In the coming days, there is much to prepare for.  Would you please pray that God prepares us and shows up for us every single step of the way (even in ways not listed below)?

Prepare Us:
  • Prepare our hearts for the daughter He designed for us - Hu Jing, our Quiet Tiger!!!
  • Prepare our finances for our travel and in-country fees and unexpected fees that may spring up along the journey
  • Prepare me to meet the people of China and extend them love
  • Prepare me for the moment I meet our daughter and take her in my arms
  • Prepare me for bonding with our daughter
  • Prepare our home where we will return (Jay and the boys will be here in the States and I fly to China alone).
  • Prepare Jay for the moment he lays eyes on his daughter when we arrive back home
  • Prepare Jay for bonding with his daughter
  • Prepare us for comments and questions (both positive and negative) about our adoption and Hu Jing's special needs
  • Prepare us to teach our daughter about Jesus
  • Prepare us to raise Hu Jing to be the woman He intends her to be
Prepare our Boys:
  • Prepare them for a new addition to the family
  • Prepare them for my absence while I'm in China -- this is the longest I've ever been apart from my boys
  • Prepare them for possible hard times as we bond and adjust once we are home
  • Prepare them for the happy times and the privilege of having Hu Jing in our family
  • Prepare them to be the best big brothers ever
Prepare our Daughter:
  • Prepare her for a major life change
  • Prepare for her journey to the Capitol of her province where I will meet her (this will most likely be a 12 hour train ride for her with a nanny from the orphanage - ugh!)
  • Prepare her head and heart for the moment she will meet me and the bonding that will happen from that moment on - she is bound to be so confused and scared, angry and sad
  • Prepare her for cars, trains, hotels, busses, airplanes - this will all be new to her
  • Prepare her for adjustment to our family, even our dogs
  • Prepare her for The Word and a lifetime (hopefully) of following Jesus
  • Prepare her for an amazing impact on the world around her, through her story of adoption

More prayer requests will be updated as we get closer.  Thanks for joining us on this journey.  I am astounded that this is actually happening -- FINALLY!

1 comment:

  1. I know traveling alone will be hard, but, trust me, you are divinely created for this. You will be more to this child than you ever thought possible. In the moment when you feel your world about to crash, HE will give you strength. In the quiet moments when you feel broken and exhausted, HE will lift you up and give you peace. This is HIS journey and you will not fail because HE will be there every step of the way my friend...as will my prayers for you and your beautiful daughter. God bless and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete