Friday, August 6, 2010

Awful News

Well, here we are, visiting my mom in Illinois. Jay is attending the Global Leadership Summit at Willow Creek and he just called me to tell me the news. The US has decided to pull out of Nepal.

You can read the reasons why here.

We are heartbroken as we await news from our agency. I understand that our funds we have paid towards the Nepal program will NOT transfer to any other program. So, we will have to discuss our options from here on out.

I can pretty easily say that due to the loss of a lot of finances invested, our adoption journey will come to an end. Maybe we'll try to have a biological daughter of our own. Maybe we'll try to adopt in years to come when the finances are replenished.

But either way, please pray for us. Sorry for the short, abrupt post. We just need time to discuss. But we are away on vacation and this horrible news cannot wreck our fun. There is joy and I'm choosing to find it.