Friday, February 8, 2013

House Photos (Finally)

I've been having issues with Blogger when it comes to uploading pictures, so I decided to create a movie with house pictures instead.  But because I set it to music the movie isn't viewable on mobile devices on YouTube, which I know many of my friends use.  So, back to Blogger.  Here are some pictures of our home, furnished and clean (yeah, it's never clean).

All the rooms are a standard builder beige, even the ceilings.  I'd love to roll a little Benjamin Moore Ceiling White up there to brighten things up a little.  Yet I have no intention of painting anytime soon, much to the surprise of all my friends who know how much I love color.  Missing a dear friend, the late, great Carmen L who helped us with the paint colors in our first house in Illinois.  All the windows have white wood blinds, but eventually some hardware and curtains will be nice to bring in some colors and patterns.

Photo from the listing.  I'd like a cute bench on the front porch.

Living room.  Taken from the front door.

Living room taken from the front corner.  Still need to get a bracket and hang the TV on the wall.  

Living room taken from the garage entry door.  The living room was pre-wired with Sony speakers for surround sound, but we can't get it to work.  Not a necessity at this time.

Dining room.  I'd really like a buffet along that wall for my china and serving dishes.  Salvation Army had a really cute one when we first moved here but it wasn't priced well for a resale shop.

Room enough to expand my Ikea table when we entertain but we keep it small for day-to-day.  We do most of our home school at the dining room table.

Living and dining rooms as seen from the stairs.

Kitchen.

Enough space to eat in.  Doors lead to deck out back.

A small, narrow island would be really nice eventually.

Stairs, powder room and guest room down the small hall.

Powder room.  I could see myself painting this room eventually.

1st floor master bedroom is our guest room.  This room was my storage room for the longest time, holding all the items I couldn't find a place for.  Thus, the long wait for photos.

Door leads to the 1st floor master bath.  I put our ancient desktop computer down here so guests can watch something online since we're not doing cable right now.  Having the computer desk down here really opens up the loft too.

1st floor master bath.  Still builder beige, just photographed yellow with the flash.

Jetted tub is nice.  I regret getting rid of my old shower curtain and set from our first house in Chicago because now I need something here.

Opposite the tub/shower is a HUGE walk-in closet that stores all my china and serving dishes for now.

Upstairs master bedroom is at the top of the stairs to the left.  This is a dark picture but I still like it.

A brighter picture.  Door in the back leads to the 2nd floor master bath.

Another view.  Yes, I'll have my daughter's picture above the bed soon.  Door in the back leads to the closet.

Still need to re-string the mirror wire and get that on my wall.  I would have loved to hang my grandmother's mirror above my dresser like in Nebraska but it broke during the move.  :(

Huge upstairs master closet.  It's U-shaped.

2nd floor master bath.

Standard tub/shower up here.

And a little window overlooking the back yard.

Pretty upstairs hallway.  Master bedroom is behind me to my right.  Loft is next to me on my left.

Loft is our boy's playroom.

And Russell our guinea pig calls the loft his home.

One more view.

Jay's office.  Barely anything in there right now.

Jay's office.  Just a make-shift desk, a file cabinet (thanks Freecycle) and our printer.

Jay's office facing out.

L's room from the doorway.  My mom and I will paint my old doll cradle when she visits in a couple months.

Still have the zebra theme going on like in our house in Nebraska.

Upstairs laundry room.  Feels slightly wider than my Nebraska laundry room which is a blessing.

Kid's bathroom.

Same fish theme as we had in Nebraska.

Huge linen closet across from the kid's bathroom.

The boy's room at the very end of the hall.

Big enough for their old train table filled with Legos.

Boy's room looking out.

The deck.  Photo from listing.

The second level of the deck.  Photo from listing.  I have my black table where their picnic table was.

Back of the house.  Photo from listing.

From the far corner of the lot.

We are blessed and after not having a home for a year and living with different host families, I don't take it for granted.  It's a blessing and we hope to share it with all who come to visit!


1 comment: