Wednesday, August 21, 2019

My Fixer Upper -- Ethan's Bedroom Final Reveal

Yay!  It's done!  Only 1 bedroom to go.

Here's your original before shot of Super E's room, from the day we put an offer in on the home.

Those dang trophy shelves left the week we moved in, I think.  Oh, I hated those!

Super E's room became the "dog themed room" fairly quickly with Update #1 below


Update #1 was fresh paint, a grey beige color (Grant Beige from Benjamin Moore),
gorgeous wood-look tile floors and dog themed decor.
I also made the dog crate into a nightstand with a piece of wood that I upholstered with paw print fabric.

View #2 of my first room update.
I still LOVE the silhouettes of our dogs on the small wall next to the closet!


Here's the final, much brighter, cleaner, up to date look.....

White window framing and white baseboards.


The white closet doors and main door make me so happy!


All those doors took some serious time!  And I decided to do paint them in my basement.  Heat and humidity and the general dust in a garage just don't make it a great place for painting.

I will say that the bunk bed and the dresser have their original honey oak color.  I have no intention of painting those!  I figure in another year, the boy will want a full sized bed, so at that point, this awesome bunk will maybe go to the cabin (hopefully) or to another family.  Then we can decide what to do with the dresser.

Now all I have left is:

July:  Master bathroom trim, window and door
August:  Master bedroom trim, windows and doors
September/July:  Kids bathroom trim, cabinets and doors
August:  Super E's bedroom trim, windows and doors

September:  Quiet Tiger's bedroom trim, windows and doors

I'm excited to be done but want to push on so I can start making my way downstairs to the main level of the house.  One more bedroom to go!!!!