Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Lakes & Lefse Debut

Welcome friends old and new!  And welcome to the new blog:

Lakes & Lefse

You probably know that Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 Lakes.  Truth: there are more than 11,000 lakes!  Oh, how I LOVE the water!!!!!

Life is better in a canoe on a Minnesota lake!
Photo from envisionMN.org

What is Lefse (LEF-suh)?  It's a Norwegian flatbread made from potatoes and flour.  We eat it with butter spread on top and then a sprinkle of sugar and then roll it up.  My mom would make it every Christmas.  I've made it a handful of times.  I'll order it at a Scandinavian restaurant.  It is a family favorite of this Scandinavian family of mine.  It's a treat.

I wish this were my own picture, but my lefse rarely turns out so pretty.
Besides, I'm quite busy with unpacking that I haven't had time to whip up a batch.


I can't tell you how excited I am to have this fun new blog address for our new journey.  I don't think I can possibly describe how good it feels to be home in Minnesota!

Stop by the blog for our new family adventures!