Monday, April 4, 2011

Allow Me To Explain

My apologies for the blog hiatus.  I’ve truly missed all your adoption updates and have taken a random glance every now and then at your amazing stories.

You know how a new year contains so much hope and wishes for prosperity?  That’s what we planned after giving 2010 a swift kick in its big ol’ behind and closing the door on its sorry face.  But this year has been worse, perhaps, than all of 2010 had been.

I’m not going into the details here because they aren’t important.  Those of you family and friends know it all already.  The good news is that my husband has gone through a job change and we are now expecting a move to Northern California.  We are trying to sell our house and we’re going to try and sell it ourselves with hopes that the money we save by selling by owner can go towards our adoption.

I’ve spoken with our social worker as well as our agency this morning and of course, this delays our adoption process.  It IS POSSIBLE to move while adopting. [YAY!]  It just means more delays and more money. [BOO!]   Right now we are waiting on our final forms from USCIS and still need to get our college basement renter fingerprinted (yes, he still needs to be included even though he won’t be moving to CA with us).  We will have to update our home study in our new locale.  With that come new police clearances, new forms, more money and more time.

I still do not hear God telling us to stop the adoption even though at this point, I'm exhausted.  But I still feel the call to live out Psalms 82:3 in a very tangible, personal way.  I will not give up.

The biggest concern we have right now is getting our dossier to China BEFORE we move out west!  If the 3 of us adults can get finger printed and if we can receive that final form from USCIS before we sell the house, then our dossier can go overseas and we can just submit a home study update once we arrive in California. This is a HUGE prayer request!  Please pray that we get this last form within the month of April and that our dossier can be submitted to China!!!

Additional prayer requests on the tab above.

2 comments:

  1. Brooke so very greatful for a job quickly found (although I am sure it felt like forever to you all!). I have been in the background praying for you all and continue to do so.
    We were in very similar circumstances, changed jobs, sold house on our on and had already been waiting (an adoption that fell through and put before birthmothers, we were always the opposite of what the wanted besides the one that picked us)! Of course we don't believe in coincidence and these developments were no different, God's PERFECT timing!


    Blessings
    Sue thompson
    We arrived in GA in july and began the process as soon as we moved out of friend's basement lol! Home study to Korea Jan 8 , referral April 15 , mady HOME May 28!! Encouragement in, the landscape is bigger than what you see. You will look at that baby and KNOW that no OTHER baby was meant for you! And will have a whole NEW perspective on children that a lot will not be given as your road to this child was fought with determination and pain! It WILL be worth the journey, so sorry it is so hard but can't wait to watch God be glorified in it all!
    Keep the faith sister and know that I and so many I am sure are praying for you and your daughter! For some reason she must need to come through California!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear from you again. We have been fingerprinted and now I am waiting for our I-797 so we can get everything certified and authenticated. I call the USCIS office and she said it could still be 30 days til we receive the I-797. :( (hopefully she is trying to get me to look at things realistically so when it comes earlier than she said, I will be happy!)
    I can't remember if I sent you a link to my blog. www.wellingcrew.blogspot.com
    I will be praying for your USCIS forms to come quickly. This journey sure has many ups and downs and so many unknowns.

    ReplyDelete