Thursday, December 23, 2010

Very Sneaky, Sis

Yesssssssssssssss! It’s done! A Christmas gift – our home study is DONE! I’ve waited all week for word that our agency had approved the rough draft and have heard NOTHING. And my social worker just sneaks the complete study in the mail so we get it for Christmas. I think she did it quietly just to surprise me. Sneaky indeed! So thankful!!! There couldn’t be a better Christmas gift this year.

Three notarized copies are on their way to my agency in Pennsylvania and 2 copies are in my possession! From here on out, there are a few more steps:

  1. Our agency will send the home study along with our I800-A form to USCIS for approval.
  2. Our basement renter will need to be fingerprinted at USCIS in Omaha (Maybe 1 month from now, hopefully sooner).
  3. After fingerprinting, we are issued our final dossier form from USCIS (4-8 weeks after finger printing).
  4. When this last form is authenticated, then our dossier will be on its way to China!

Now I just have to sit back and let God do the rest over the next 2-3 months. In the meantime, I’ll be sending out 3 applications for adoption loans and grants after the holiday. I’m hoping all of them will be able to assist us financially in some way. [Prayer request page updated!]

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember the Three Stooges? They had the episode where they say "Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch". That's international adoption baby!! One step at a time and it often feels like an inch!! Congratulations on being one step closer! BTW, soon to be updating our blog with a surprise! Stay tuned!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! I have a feeling 2011 is going to be your year!!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete