Sunday, April 21, 2019

RAD Holiday

Its no news that RAD kids like to destroy everything in their path.  They will try to ruin your holiday too.

This Easter, while doing our annual egg hunt on Easter morning, my daughter started in with the hurtful words. 

She was hunting eggs and said, 

"The Easter Bunny isn't very tricky."  

She didn't like my hiding places for the coveted eggs.  

But what she said next really hurt. 

She found her basket.  
"We usually get toys or something fun in our baskets."  

She was complaining her basket was filled with merely Easter candy.

Words hurt.

Don't tell me, "Oh, it's not her, it's really the RAD talking." 

Don't tell me, "She can't make you feel anything."

Words hurt.

Words of affirmation -- that's one of my love languages.  And I think the problem with having that as your love language means that the exact opposite, words of hurt, destroy all the more.

I love holidays.  I put a lot of work into them to make them special for my family.  And in 1 fell swoop, my RAD child can knock the wind out of me and ruin my holiday with 1 simple statement.

Why do I even bleeping bother?