Sunday, July 15, 2018

Master Bath Final Update

With the insanity of life this summer (my closest friends know the craziness as of late), I just needed another project that I could tackle, start to finish, and see beautiful, nearly instant results.

Remember my master bathroom?  The 2 pictures below are from the day we won the offer on the home 3 years ago.

Beige walls, linoleum floors, honey oak woodwork EVERYWHERE!

Another angle emphasizing the hideous honey oak cabinets.


And then I painted the walls, we had tile floors installed and I painted the cabinets white.  Ah, it was looking so much better!  But the honey oak trim, window, baseboards, and door were still an eyesore.  Ick!

So much better with grey walls, tile floors and freshly painted cabinets!


Having never painted baseboards, door trim, doors or windows, I put those things off.  Good thing I did too because when we got new windows with our insurance claim, I had them specifically paint the new window sashes white so that it eliminated 1 thing I had to paint!  Poor installers freaked out when they came to my house and saw honey oak everywhere.  They thought a major mistake had been made and were relieved when I told them the white sashes were just what I ordered!!!  Yet they were surprised when I said I'd be painting all the window trim myself!  Well, this week, I did it.  Like I said, I needed a quick project with near immediate results.  Besides, I had the primer and the paint, so why the heck not, right?  It cost me nothing but my own precious time - about half a day for 4 days.

Oh my gosh, the bathroom is complete now! [Well, I'll want to update that light fixture at some point, but for now that doesn't bother me nearly as much as the nasty honey oak!]


[Girly squeal!!!!!]  It's so bright and pretty now!!!!

No more honey oak trim in this bathroom!


Next up, I'll move into the master bedroom and tackle all the baseboards, door frames, windows and doors.  It will be a MUCH bigger job, of course.  So don't hold your breath or anything for any updates any time soon.  I'm hoping I can take the month of August and get it done. We still have a wave runner in my garage stall too, so I really need that out in order to paint the doors in the garage, as I want to keep the oil-based paint fumes to a minimum inside my house.  My goals are as follows for the elimination of honey oak upstairs:

August:  Master bedroom trim & doors
September:  Kids bathroom trim & cabinets & doors
October:  Super E's bedroom trim & doors
November:  Quiet Tiger's bedroom trim & doors

It will be quite the feat!  Who knows if this will actually happen according to my schedule.  I'll start homeschool in August with the boys and Quiet Tiger will go back to public school in September.  But my goal is that before 2018 is up, the honey oak will be gone upstairs.  Ah, Brooke!  Lofty goals, girl!  Lofty goals!

But for now, I love knowing I'm 1 step closer to having the upstairs completely updated!