Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Our School System Sucks

Our school system is completely whacked.  And that's the most eloquent word to use at this point.

This month, after more school issues came to my attention via school note, I filed an official, written complaint to the Minnesota Board of Education.

I filled out their form stating the school is neglecting my daughter's physical and mental special needs.  The neglect may be willful or completely unintentional, but neglect is neglect.  I wrote a long letter with the description of what had happened this spring at school.

I wrote about 2 instances of pants wetting and soiling while my child sat in her own filth all day long, no one seeming to notice the stench and wetness surrounding her.  Really, school staff?  You couldn't smell the reek of urine?  You believed her lie that she fell into a puddle?  And you really couldn't smell the stench of feces, front to back in both her underpants and leggings, after you told her she couldn't use the restroom in the morning?  That isn't neglect?  Really???? 

I wrote about the 2 instances of my daughter going through the cafeteria line, where her account has been flagged as "No food purchases," due to her food issues (stealing/hording/gorging) and intolerances that will give her some pretty nasty GI issues.  I explained in detail the words the kitchen staff lady told me, "that she is too busy to read all the notes in the computer system and gives food to anyone who lines up for food."  That isn't neglect?  Seriously???? 

Our broken school system, our wonderful Minnesota Department of Education sides with the school that the neglect isn't willful and they had "no knowledge" of these problems.  Liars.  They know!  They've known since the day we entered the elementary school 2 years ago. 

Maybe I should go to the media.  How would they like to see this on the 6 o'clock news?