Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pictures!

Today I got a gift I've been waiting for ever since we got our referral -- updated pictures! It's killing me to refrain from posting online, but I will continue to abide by my agency's wishes. The pictures in our referral were dated. I'm guessing they were from her intake day at the orphanage or shortly thereafter. Today's pictures are much more recent. My how she has grown!

While I was literally jumping up and down with joy and spinning circles in the living room with my iPad in hand, there is definitely a bitter side to seeing her face too. I feel the miles and oceans in between us for sure and my heart breaks that she has no clue who we are and how much we adore her. Secondly, I could tell by her sweet runny nose that she has a cold in these pictures. Oh, I should be the one with the Kleenex box cleaning that sweet face! I should be the one snuggling and cuddling that cold away!

We still await a buyer for our home.

We still live in limbo.

We still wait for our LOA.

We still wait to bring our daughter home.

But I am thankful for today's gift. Please praise God for His blessing today!

2 comments:

  1. I'm back in the blogging world after a year and a half hiatus...somewhat recovered from the Nepal closure (can you ever really recover?). We just completed all of our China paperwork for a minor special needs baby from China, and last Friday got our I-797 from the USCIS. Our agency says our dossier will be off to China in about three weeks. YIPPEE! I love reading your blog...gives me such hope and excitement. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to see her. Just like labor, all the angony of the wait will disappear as soon as you hold her for the first time. Se,nding lots of love and prayer your way.

    ReplyDelete