Monday, January 31, 2011

Huh?

I'm back with just a short update, then I'll go back to the dark side.  :)

We got something in the mail today that's quite confusing... an I-797C Notice of Action from USCIS that did NOT include a fingerprint appointment.  Rather, they returned our application, our home study, and our finger print payment stating the check was written for the incorrect amount.

I followed our agency's list down to the last dime, so I'll let them handle this confusion.  Our agency had said that our Nepal finger prints would be allowed for the China program and we would only have to pay the $85 for finger printing the college student renting our basement.  I have an email into La Vida now and will wait for their answer and will post the update later.

UPDATE:  Our agency emailed us this afternoon and said that this is not an uncommon experience.  The people at USCIS did NOT read their cover letter and prior approval for Nepal, so they rejected our application.  We are to send everything back to our agency and they will iron out the wrinkles with USCIS and we should not owe one more penny. 

5 comments:

  1. Something similar happened to us. Did you include a cover letter and a copy of your I600 approval with your fingerprint expiration? The people at the lockbox pretty much reject anything that is "odd". I would call Hague or email them (they are pretty quick with email). Explain to them your situation and ask them what is the best route to go. Even the best agencies sometimes do not have all of the facts. And, if they say you cannot use your fingerprints, then ask for supervisor or officer because I know for a fact that is not true. Hope all is well. Still thinking of you! :)
    sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, our agency said EXACTLY what you said. That the people at lockbox don't even read cover letters (our agency included one). So we'll get everything back to our agency and they'll take care of making sure it gets to the right person. A bit of a delay is probably a good thing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has a wonderful way of taking care of things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy...if it's not one thing, it's another, right? : ) Praying things are smoothed out & headed in the right direction once again.

    Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because of this post I called the USCIS office again to make sure I have done everything right so I don't have to pay the filing fee again and they say that I have to pay the filing fee again. Did you get this worked out? Remember me? We have e-mailed some back and forth about the Nepal adoption failure.
    Shelia, what should I do? I am waiting for a call back from the supervisor. If he says no then what?

    ReplyDelete