Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back into the Swing of Things

We're back from an extended vacation at Jay's mom's place in Hayward, WI. A good time was had by all. It was great to be out on the lake tubing and water skiing.

Feels like we've been gone a whole month with no progress on the adoption front. While we were gone, I became extremely impressed with our agency. When I sent them our application, I wrote a cover letter explaining our July 4 vacation and that it would be nearly impossible to reach us by email. Yet, I did include Jay's email address since he gets all his messages on his cell phone. Sure enough, that little detail in my letter was not overlooked. We received 2 email from our agency just updating us on the Nepal progress. Way to go, staff!

This week we sent in our application for our home study. I had hoped to send this in before vacation, but just couldn't get through all those pages. We will have our first of 2 or 3 interviews with our social worker in the next couple of weeks. I am not worried at all about the home study process, but would appreciate prayers for smooth sailing anyway.

We will begin working on our dossier this week. It doesn't seem nearly as extreme as I once thought it to be, which is a good thing. But I know that it will certainly take time and organization. This week we will also be printing and sending our support letter. If you would like to be sure you are on our mailing list, please email us your address. Let the fundraising begin! Prayers for the financial side of our adoption are always appreciated!

Thanks again for your love and support on this journey to our Nepali daughter!